Friday, May 4, 2012

Bowling with My Family

I woke up at 5 am and screamed at the top of my lungs, “Today is bowling day”. My dad heard me and said in a grumpy voice, “Go back to sleep, Rahul. We are not going bowling if you don’t get into bed and sleep”.

I was very excited and I could not go back to sleep. So I tiptoed into the bathroom, brushed my teeth, took my bath, went to the garage to exercise, drank some milk with cereal and played a game alone.

Just then my mom came down and saw me. She asked me “Are you ready?” I said in a pleased voice, “Yes. I am waiting for everyone to get ready”.

Finally my mom, dad, uncle, aunt, sister and cousin got ready. We set out to the bowling alley. When we got there we booked the alley for one game and everyone rented a pair of bowling shoes. I got the shoe size two and half. The color of the shoes was green and it felt funny when I wore it. We got to our bowling lane. Then we typed in our names, youngest to the oldest. My youngest cousin, who is just three years old, was not included in the game. My older cousin, Esha bowled first and got eight points.

I took a six pound, green bowling ball and struggled to hold it. I managed to get enough strength to bowl it in the lane. Since there were no bumpers both my balls were gutter balls. Everyone at least put one pin down.

The same thing happened on the second round. I was very upset after that turn. Then, my parents saw me and said, “Don’t get upset, be a good sport and we will put bumpers for you”.

From the third round I scored some points but I still had to catch up with the rest of my family. Then on one turn, I made a strike without hitting the bumpers and gave everyone a high five.

Later by accident my youngest cousin threw the ball! Phew, no one got hurt. Because I was having so much fun, I did not realize the time passed by and the game was coming to an end. I was in the third place with 87 points and my aunt won with 97 points. It was the best day of my life!

The next time I go bowling I will make sure to put the bumpers before playing.

************



No comments:

Post a Comment